Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Granadas in Granada

Hello Mudda, Hello Fadda...

I spent the weekend in Granada, Andalusia. And for all you sober people back in the states, that's in the south.  It is an absolutely gorgeous, albeit wet, city. It rained nearly the entire weekend, and even with that, I still loved the city.

We started off our Friday much earlier than most of us would have preferred. 7 am flights entail waking up at 4:30, then being groggy and hungry the rest of the day. We hit up a cathedral or two in the morning, and had a menú del día (traditional Spanish lunch, 3 courses and you choose from a select few for the day. Usually a pretty good deal). I tried gazpacho twice this weekend, just to make sure I really didn't like it. I really don't. Something about soup is just supposed to be hot. I don't do cold food well. Like meat? I can't eat it if it isn't hot... I try. Then my body tells me to stop, for the love of God, stop. So I do. ANYWAY....

We went to Arab baths, and had Arab tea. I like Arabs, they think of the best things. There were 7 Arab baths all at different temperatures ranging from colder-than-Antarctica to Am-I-in-hell? And it was absolutely delightful. In a room next door there were pots of Arab tea. The tea is mint and honey served piping hot. I may have bought some while I was there... But! To finish off my lovely spa-time, I had a massage that left me knot-less, oily, and completely tranquil. I highly recommend Granada to anyone looking for a cheap honeymoon. It was much less expensive than Barcelona, and has a more intimate feel to the city.

And to top it all off, the Alhambra. Contested to be one of the new 7 wonders of the world, the Alhambra is a beautiful palace atop the hills of Granada. (Do I sound like a travel book yet?) If you really want to see what I think of it, just look at my most recent photos in my Mobile Uploads album on Facebook...I took at least 200  pictures this weekend. It's fantastic.

I will have been here officially 2 months on the 30th. I will write a post that day to reflect on the best 60(ish) days of my life. Love you all! Besos <3

No comments:

Post a Comment