Saturday, November 3, 2012

Statistics

Soooo, it's been brought to my attention that people are actually reading my blog. Which I never really anticipated outside of my dad and my sister. (Mom's still figuring out the internet.) But as I was looking at my stats earlier today, I was pleasantly surprised. I've had almost 850 pageviews, which seems pretty excessive. AND, this is the exciting part for me, people in 6 different countries have read my blog. I mean, the United States and Spain make sense, because I've ...lived in those places. Here are the specific stats from today:

1. United States (of course)
2. Germany (I don't speak German, aside from "mein hund steht in flammen"* nor do I know any Germans well enough for them to follow my blog. So that's curious)
3. Spain (This makes more sense, since I do have American friends here that have told me they read my blog. Thanks for the support all you SAE people!)
4. France (While I do not speak French, nor do I really know any French people besides my step-dad's cousin's wife and therefore half of their son as well I suppose, this makes sense. My former roommate, Maggie is living in Avignon, France. This is her blog bonjourdearmaggie.blogspot.com)
5. Ireland (I give this one to Maci and Kelsey)
6. Russia (RUSSIA?! I'm so confused. I know of no one who lives in Russia. The languages I speak are nowhere close to Russian. Why are Russian people reading my blog?)
Graph of most popular countries among blog viewers
My readership (that sounds way too fancy)
After all of this, I just have to ask you a few questions, dear reader.
First of all, hi. I'm very glad that you're wasting your time to read my pointless blog. (actually I have another one that's supposed to be the pointless one, but that's besides the point. ha. points.)
Second of all, where are you from? If I don't know you personally, then feel free to say in my comment box where you're from because that would be cool for me!
Third of all, if I don't know you....why are you here? I mean this in the least rude sentiment. But after a few months of being in Spain, you really learn how to be direct with people.

So I actually intended on writing about Spanish food in this blog, but stats just kind of....took over. I promise this will not happen often. I just find these little internet-y things quite interesting. And I will write more often. Especially if I'm sick, because, downtime. Bye-bye grammar. So thanks for reading, and I hope I didn't scare any newcomers! Bye!!!!

*my knowledge of German is accredited to Olivia Tarplin

No comments:

Post a Comment